Orangefiery has been helping leaders and organizations navigate the disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic since the emergence of the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2.
The impact of COVID-19 is unprecedented. More than 80% of U.S. employed individuals we surveyed in late March said the public health response to the outbreak has impacted their organization. Our latest survey from April showed that organizations that communicate frequently, using the right channels, providing factually accurate information and striking the right tone are more trusted by their employees (view infographic).
To help support leaders who are steering their organizations through this unprecedented crisis, we’ve developed a number of resources and offerings. They include:
- Research tools to assess communications effectiveness
- Structured planning process to help organizations manage re-opening
- Training for scientific and business leaders to maximize the impact of virtual presentations
- Research and insights on leadership communications and best practices and behaviors for leading during COVID-19
- Lexicon of COVID-19-related terms
Explore these in more detail below.
- COVID-19 Communications Survey: Our COVID-19 communications survey can help organizations assess the effectiveness of their internal communications, identify future needs and provide actionable information on how to make communications even more impactful.
- Reemerging From COVID-19: The COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a long-term and lasting effect on how people interact with each other and the brands they depend on. Thinking ahead about this inflection point can help organizations endure through this disruption and potentially exceed expectations over the medium and long term. In five weeks, we can help a company go from “how do we do this?” to “we’re ready to do this” by analyzing the issues, gathering perspectives from across the organization, workshopping future scenarios and aligning on next steps and anticipated outcomes.
- Virtual Presentation Training: There are already many things to worry about on a video call. The last thing you need to worry about is your presentation itself. We are providing virtual presentation training to make sure your presentation makes a big impact, no matter where you are.
- Infographic: Changing Landscape of Employee Trust During COVID-19 summarizes what we learned from our April survey about why delivering accurate, transparent information at the right frequency in the right channels is critical for organizations to come out of the crisis ahead.
- Press Release: New Research Shows Employee Trust Changing During COVID-19; Accuracy, Appropriate Frequency and Right Channels of Communication Correlate with Higher Levels of Trust summarizes the results of a 469-person survey Orangefiery fielded on April 28 to understand how organizations are doing in leading their employees through the COVID-19 pandemic and how sentiment might have evolved since our March survey (below).
- Leadership Communications During COVID-19 reports on a 454-person survey Orangefiery fielded March 25-29 to assess organizational communications to employees during the pandemic. Key findings quantify the vast impact of the pandemic and the public health response to it, how organizations are responding and what employees want to see in future communications from their organization. View the press release.
- Navigating COVID-19: A Briefing for Leaders includes a summary of COVID-19 data with key graphics and charts, communications considerations for your audience(s), recommended leadership practices and behaviors, and a lexicon of key terms and use cases. This was originally published on March 20 and was updated April 3.
- The Leadership Behaviors and Practices Tip Sheet outlines what leaders should remember to do and how leaders should remember to act when communicating during a challenging time.
- The COVID-19 Lexicon contains a list of key terms related to COVID-19.
Our team has significant experience with crisis management, public health, stakeholder insights and public affairs and can help you develop a plan for dealing with the implications of the crisis to your organization, as well as for planning your company’s reemergence into a changed environment. For more information or to learn more about our offerings please contact us at [email protected].