Mike has more than 25 years of experience in consulting, communications, politics and journalism. Throughout his career, he has helped organizations navigate complex issues and create growth and change through a combination of insights, messaging, engagement and organizational learning.
Mike was the founding president of Edelman Consulting, a management consultancy focused on brand development, organizational design and decision analytics. He served as Edelman’s global client relationship manager for Pfizer, the firm’s largest client, and pioneered innovative engagements and offerings around corporate branding, issues management, market development, messaging and integrated campaigns.
In 2014, Mike founded Orangefiery, a consulting and communications firm that helps clients navigate their growth journeys. With capabilities in research, communications, engagement, systems, and facilitation, the firm has pioneered new, impactful approaches to narrative development, advocacy engagement, digital campaigns, and decision tools. He and his teams have led groundbreaking work for AstraZeneca, Columbia University, HP, PepsiCo, Pfizer, Samsung and The Ohio State University, among others.
– Mike has played the guitar since he was a child and has played in bands and solo over the years, though he will spare you a link to his Soundcloud account
– Mike is an avid concertgoer when that sort of thing is allowed
– He has both written for and been quoted in the New York Times
– Mike is a trustee of the Institute for Public Relations and serves on the boards of the Northern California National Kidney Foundation and the Northern California Regional Council of Syracuse University
– Master’s in Communications Management, Syracuse University
– Bachelor of Science in Newspaper, Syracuse University