Overview of Vice President Opening
The world of business is full of complexity, particularly when it comes to communications.
Join us and lead a team that truly helps clients navigate that complexity.
Orangefiery is a strategy and communications consulting firm that combines the insights and decision-making tools of strategy consulting with the real-world orientation and agility of a public relations agency to help our clients create impact in the world. We provide research and strategy work done through a communications and stakeholder engagement lens. We have expertise in research and insights, planning, facilitation, public relations, stakeholder engagement and systems design. Our clients are leaders in biotech, biopharma and healthcare. Our team is comprised of inquisitive, empathetic and detail-oriented individuals with innate curiosity. We are looking for a Vice President with the same characteristics, who can lead teams, produce great client counsel and grow our business.
The boutique consultancy environment provides ample opportunity for professional growth and to work across client and company projects. As a small, privately owned company, we are able to work on projects that we really care about.
The Vice President is responsible for leading client projects and managing agency account teams on a daily basis. S/he will serve as a daily client contact and must be able to manage projects independently. S/he will also lead various marketing and business development activities for Orangefiery.
Expected competencies include:
- Be a model of client leadership, with a deep understanding of our clients’ business plans and strategies. See where clients are going and counsel them on the challenges they will face, with the ability to show how strategic communications and stakeholder engagement can capitalize on opportunities and address challenges.
- Understand the multi-stakeholder environment of healthcare and identify issues of significance for clients as they are emerging
- Be a strong designer of purposeful messaging, with an ability to develop narratives and messaging tools that progress the awareness, understanding and opinion formation our clients seek as it relates to their business
- Oversee the development of programs and plans that include strategy, goals and metrics; research design; narrative and messaging development; stakeholder engagement; activities execution including earned media, thought leadership and social media elements; etc.
- Manage project budgets, deliverables and timelines, ensuring teams stay on task, meet deadlines and run business that supports our economic health as a firm
- Provide strong strategic direction and attention to detail for client deliverables, including delegation of tasks as well as researching, outlining, writing, editing and proofreading materials
- Lead client meetings and presentations
- Liaise with outside partners and vendors in the development of client deliverables
- Lead new business processes, including research, audits and preparation and delivery of proposals and new business presentations
- Develop strong relationships with clients and identify opportunities to grow existing partnerships
- Raise the profile of Orangefiery and its offerings through networking and other lead generation activities
Financial Planning and Management
- Maintain account profitability at industry norms and standards
- Record and submit time, expenses and POs on a timely basis
- Follow all Orangefiery financial policies and procedures
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Orangefiery’s values and Professional Standards of Conduct[DD1]
- Support and contribute to the professional development of team members
Product Capability and Development
- Stay up-to-date on trends and news of relevance to the business
- Demonstrate initiative in proposing ideas to the team
- Strengthen and expand upon Orangefiery capabilities; aid in the implementation of new capabilities
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies
- At least 10 years of experience in communications or a related field; experience in an agency/consulting environment strongly preferred
- Experience managing projects and teams
- Experience managing client budgets
- Ability to delegate work and provide actionable feedback
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of clients and account service staff
- Interest and experience in working with clients in a partnership role
- Ability and willingness to work effectively with a team as well as independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects
- A strong work ethic and dedication to consistently provide quality work on deadline
- Engaged in the world; a strong sense of curiosity and interest in learning
- The ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university; master’s degree preferred
Orangefiery is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.