Fall/Spring Intern Position Opening (Paid) – Part-Time
Orangefiery is a strategy and communications consulting firm that combines the insights and decision-making tools of strategy consulting with the real-world orientation and agility of a public relations agency to help our clients create impact in the world. We provide research and strategy work done through a communications and stakeholder engagement lens. We have expertise in research and insights, planning, facilitation, public relations, stakeholder engagement and systems design. Our clients are leaders in biotech, biopharma and healthcare. Our team is comprised of inquisitive, empathetic and detail-oriented individuals with innate curiosity and we are looking for an intern with the same characteristics.
The boutique consultancy environment provides ample opportunity for professional growth and to work across client and company projects. As a small, privately owned company, we are able to work on projects that we really care about.
The team is based in the NYC area and works together from the Manhattan office a minimum of two days per week.
We strongly encourage applicants who would have an interest in applying for an ongoing full-time role with the company following the successful completion of the internship/graduation.
The individual must have completed their junior year of college, be enrolled in or have completed an undergraduate degree with a GPA of 3.3 or higher. Individuals must express interest in the healthcare field and communications industry.
Additional Qualifications Include:
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and balancing multiple projects
- A strong work ethic and sense of obligation to ensuring high quality deliverables
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong, critical writing, oral communications and research skills
- Keen attention to detail
The Intern is responsible for supporting account activities and the account team. S/he will work alongside the team to help execute client projects and contribute to marketing and business development activities for Orangefiery. In addition, s/he will be responsible for:
- Understanding key aspects of client accounts, including business strategy, messaging, target audiences, services and ongoing projects
- Adhering to deadlines and completing projects as assigned in a timely manner
- Participating in client calls and developing call recaps
- Developing daily and weekly media monitoring reports capturing industry news, competitor news and other topics relevant to clients
- Demonstrating knowledge of social media tools; express a willingness to learn
- Acting as a point of contact for outside vendors
Orangefiery is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.