Overview of Assistant Account Executive Opening
Orangefiery is a strategy and communications consulting firm that combines the insights and decision-making tools of strategy consulting with the real-world orientation and agility of a public relations agency to help our clients create impact in the world. We provide research and strategy work done through a communications and stakeholder engagement lens. We have expertise in research and insights, planning, facilitation, public relations, stakeholder engagement and systems design. Our clients are leaders in biotech, biopharma and healthcare. Our team is comprised of inquisitive, empathetic and detail-oriented individuals with innate curiosity and we are looking for an assistant account executive with the same characteristics.
The boutique consultancy environment provides ample opportunity for professional growth and to work across client and company projects. As a small, privately owned company, we are able to work on projects that we really care about.
This position is remote, although those in the New York City Area may have the opportunity to work in a coworking space with team members.
The assistant account executive is responsible for supporting account activities on a
daily basis. S/he will support the execution of client programs and will be expected to
manage certain projects independently. S/he will also contribute to marketing and
business development activities for Orangefiery.
Expected competencies include:
- Understand key client information, including business strategy, products and services, key customers and competitors
- Compile monitoring reports and competitor coverage
- Research, outline, write, edit and proofread materials
- Assist with research, including analysis of media coverage and online conversations
- Develop social media content and demonstrate a general knowledge of social media tools
- Participate in client meetings and presentations
- Manage projects and timelines
- Participate in the new business process, including research, audits and preparation of proposals
Financial Planning and Management
- Provide administrative support for the team
- Record and submit time and expenses on a timely basis
- Notify supervisor of any potential cost overruns
- Follow all Orangefiery financial policies and procedures
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Orangefiery’s values and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
Product Capability and Development
- Demonstrate initiative in proposing ideas to the team
- Stay up-to-date on trends and news of relevance to the business
- Learn about Orangefiery’s capabilities and make recommendations when appropriate about how to improve them and develop new capabilities
- Aid in the implementation of new capabilities
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies
- 1 to 3 years of experience in communications or a related field; strong internship experience may qualify
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of account service staff
- Ability and willingness to work effectively with a team as well as independently
- A strong work ethic and dedication to consistently provide quality work on deadline to his/her team and clients
- A strong sense of curiosity and interest in learning
- The ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines
- Solid knowledge of MS Office Suite and general office logistics
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university
Orangefiery is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this role, please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected].