Senior Account Executive
Founded in 2014, Orangefiery is a boutique communications and public relations firm focused on problem solving.
Our clients are mostly in the healthcare space. Their problems include, but aren’t limited to: raising awareness of new therapies; aligning with the interests of patients and their advocates; supporting policy change that helps stakeholders; collaborating with organizations who represent and can reach their stakeholders; educating reporters on emerging science; and driving change in clinical practice.
When we say we focus on problem solving, we mean that we work with our clients to clearly define the issue or issues they are facing, identify the insights that should inform our solution, explore the various messages, actions and channels they can use to address those problems, and implement the solution that we all agree has the best chance of success.
We’re collaborative. We listen to each other, and we listen to our clients. We value critical thinking and strong writing and communications skills.
The boutique consultancy environment provides ample opportunity for professional growth and to work across client and company projects. As a small, privately owned company, we are able to work on projects that we really care about.
This Senior Account Executive position is based in New York (preferred) or San Francisco.
The Senior Account Executive is responsible for overseeings account activities and managing agency account team members on a daily basis. S/he will serve as a daily client contact and may be expected to manage certain projects independently. S/he will also contribute to marketing and business development activities for Orangefiery.
Expected competencies include:
- Understand key client information, including business strategy, products and services, key customers and competitors
- Contribute to the development of research assignments, communications programs and annual plans including both traditional and social media elements
- Manage projects and timelines, ensuring teams stay on task and meet deadlines
- Provide client service administration including preparing client status and activity reports, compiling monitoring reports and competitor coverage, scheduling and logistics
- Research, outline, write, edit and proofread materials to a high standard of quality
- Conduct research including analysis of media coverage and online conversations
- Coordinate the preparation and review of account deliverables, including delegation of tasks
- Participate in client meetings and presentations
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of all communications channels and their roles
- Liaise with outside partners and vendors in the development of client deliverables
- Participate in the new business process, including research, audits and preparation and delivery of proposals and new business presentations
- Engage in networking opportunities to share information about Orangefiery and its offerings
Financial Planning and Management
- Track budgets and manage activity reporting processes; understand account budget parameters and over-servicing
- Provide administrative support for the team
- Record and submit time, expenses and POs on a timely basis
- Notify supervisor of any potential cost overruns
- Follow all Orangefiery financial policies and procedures
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Orangefiery’s values and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- Provide feedback to peers and supervisors
Product Capability and Development
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies, trends and news of relevance to the business
- Demonstrate initiative in proposing ideas to the team
- Learn about Orangefiery’s capabilities and make recommendations when appropriate about how to improve them and develop new capabilities
- Aid in the implementation of new capabilities
- 3 to 5 years of healthcare communications experience, preferably in an agency environment
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of clients and account service staff
- Ability and willingness to work effectively with a team as well as independently
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects
- A strong work ethic and dedication to consistently provide quality work on deadline
- Engaged in the world; a strong sense of curiosity and interest in learning
- The ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines
- Solid knowledge of MS Office Suite and general office logistics
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university
Orangefiery is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.