Founded in 2014, Orangefiery is a boutique public relations firm helping healthcare companies solve complex communications problems critical to their success. We focus on pharmaceutical and non-profit clients, aiding them with market development, corporate communications and issues management. Our process revolves around developing strong messaging and narratives informed by research, and engaging multiple types of stakeholder groups through a variety of channels and activities to achieve client goals.
The Summer Intern will join a small team of communications professionals based on the east and west coasts. This position will be based in New York City.
The individual must have completed their junior year of college, be enrolled in or have completed an undergraduate degree with a GPA of 3.3 or higher. Recent graduates are preferred and encouraged to apply. Individuals must express interest in the healthcare field and communications industry.
Our team is comprised of inquisitive, organized, problem-solving individuals with innate curiosity and we are looking for a Summer Intern with the same characteristics. Additional qualifications include:
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and balancing multiple projects
- A strong work ethic and sense of obligation to ensuring high quality deliverables
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong, critical writing, oral communications and research skills
- Keen attention to detail
The Summer Intern is responsible for supporting account activities and the account team. S/he will work alongside the team to help execute client projects and contribute to marketing and business development activities for Orangefiery. In addition, s/he will be responsible for:
- Understanding key aspects of client accounts including business strategy, messaging, target audiences, services and ongoing projects
- Adhere to deadlines and complete projects as assigned in a timely manner
- Partake in client calls and develop call recaps
- Develop daily and weekly media monitoring reports capturing industry news, competitor news and other topics relevant to clients
- Demonstrate knowledge of social media tools; express willingness to learn
- Act as a point of contact for outside vendors
The boutique consultancy environment provides ample opportunity for professional growth and to work across client and company projects. Candidates who successfully complete the internship may be considered for a full-time position.
To apply for this position, please send your resume, cover letter and college transcript to email@example.com.
Orangefiery is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.