Founded in 2014, Orangefiery is a boutique communications and public relations consultancy that helps leaders and brands solve complex communications problems critical to their success. We work across industries; however, a majority of our business is in the healthcare sector, including pharmaceuticals, biotech and healthcare non-profits.
The Orangefiery team emphasizes the importance of developing strong communications strategies based on sound research. We are critical thinkers who take a journalistic approach to communications and are looking for a like-minded, inquisitive, detail-oriented, strong communicator to join our team.
The boutique consultancy environment provides ample opportunity for professional growth and to work across client and company projects. As a small, privately owned company, we are able to work on projects that we really care about.
This Account Director position is based in New York (preferred) or San Francisco.
The Account Director is responsible for overseeing account activities and managing agency account team members on a daily basis. S/he will serve as a daily client contact and may be expected to manage certain projects independently. S/he will also contribute to marketing and business development activities for Orangefiery.
Expected competencies include:
- Understand key client information, including business strategy, products and services, key customers and competitors
- Develop communications programs and annual plans including both traditional and social media elements
- Manage projects and timelines, ensuring teams stay on task and meet deadlines
- Coordinate the preparation and review of account deliverables, including delegation of tasks as well as researching, outlining, writing, editing and proofreading materials
- Coordinate projects and events including inviting influencers, attending events and preparing reports
- Lead client meetings and presentations
- Liaise with outside partners and vendors in the development of client deliverables
- Participate in the new business process, including research, audits and preparation and delivery of proposals and new business presentations
- Develop strong relationships with clients and identify opportunities to evolve existing partnerships
- Engage in networking opportunities to share information about Orangefiery and its offerings
Financial Planning and Management
- Track budgets and manage activity reporting processes; notify management of potential cost overruns
- Record and submit time, expenses and POs on a timely basis
- Follow all Orangefiery financial policies and procedures
- Provide regular feedback and coaching to account staff
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Orangefiery’s values and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
Product Capability and Development
- Stay up-to-date on trends and news of relevance to the business
- Demonstrate initiative in proposing ideas to the team
- Learn about Orangefiery’s capabilities and make recommendations when appropriate about how to improve them and develop new capabilities
- Aid in the implementation of new capabilities
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies
- At least 8 years of experience in communications or a related field
- Experience in a public relations agency environment
- Experience working with pharmaceuticals and biotech
- Experience managing projects and teams
- Experience managing client budgets
- Ability to delegate work and provide actionable feedback
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of clients and account service staff
- Interest and experience in working with clients in a partnership role
- Ability and willingness to work effectively with a team as well as independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects
- A strong work ethic and dedication to consistently provide quality work on deadline
- Engaged in the world; a strong sense of curiosity and interest in learning
- The ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines
- Solid knowledge of MS Office Suite and general office logistics
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university
Orangefiery is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.